||Crack the Binary Code News
- Binary Code a success on paper, with the largest attendance of all other forums at
Interact. However, speakers show resistance to considering multimedia as a new art to be
reviewed in newspapers. Criticism may happen elsewhere, in specialist magazines or on the
Internet. There were some exceptions to this view, and many of the papers will be
available at this site soon. The first statement comes from the Koori
- Express, the arts program from ABC Television, will be covering the event.
- Morag Fraser is ill and will not be able to chair the "Sublime to the Cool"
- Radio National Arts Today will be discussing the symposium on their program Thursday
28th October (10am-11am).
- Binary Code article in The Australian Syte
magazine, Saturday 25th October, provides good coverage but misses the opportunity to give
the issues the kind of serious consideration if it were included in the Arts pages. The
decision to place this in the computer section demonstrates the very problem that the
symposium attempts to address.
- Symposium outline with session contents
- Reasonably finalised program
- Excerpt from Bill Mitchell recent publication on the online
- Symposium to be opened by Senator the Hon. Richard Alston, Federal Minister for
Communications, the Information Economy and the Arts.