||Digital lexicon is a project of the Frieda Ackerman Working Group
exploring the terms related to work using technologies.
This project has a number of
- A set of general terms for describing work in this area (e.g.,
- A list of features that characterise the distinctive ways in which this work is
presented (e.g., "click")
- A set of specific fields of artistic practice (e.g., "holography")
- A number of genres within these fields (e.g., "hive web sites")
Given both the youth of this artistic movement, and its current state of flux, such a
lexicon can only hope for a provisional status. To this end, contributions are welcome.
This site contains a different lists of terms which are regularly updated:
- Bare list of terms and definitions
- Terms with their examples
- Web art portals
- Web art genres and their sites